- 150 ml lemon juice (juice of approximately 2 lemons, strained)
- 150 g white sugar
- 200 ml drinking water (at room temperature)
- 1300 ml drinking water (chilled)
- 6 blueberries (fresh)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh)
Measure 200ml drinking water into a small pot. Add the sugar and the blueberries. Turn on the heat to low and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the blueberries turn soft.
Strain the blueberry syrup into a 2-liters pitcher. Add the remaining 1300ml chilled drinking water.
Strain the lemon juice in.
Stir the lemonade to mix.
Keep the lemonade chilled until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh blueberries before serving.(Refer to notes below if you wish to add ice cubes to your lemonade)
- This recipe makes 2 liters of homemade pink blueberry lemonade made entirely with chilled water and without ice cubes.
- If you wish to add ice cubes, reduce the chilled water in the recipe accordingly. This will avoid the lemonade from becoming too diluted as the ice cubes melt.
- To make the lemonade in a single serving of 350ml glass, use 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1 blueberry, and 300ml of chilled water. Pour about 100ml water into a small pot. Add the sugar and the blueberry into it. Cook over low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the blueberry turns soft. Let the syrup cool down to room temperature and strain it into a drinking glass. Press the blueberry with a spoon to release as much of the juice and color as possible. Add the lemon juice (strained) and top it up with the remaining 200ml water. Stir to mix. Garnish with fresh blueberries before serving. If you wish to add ice cubes, reduce the water accordingly and top up with ice cubes.
Calories: 351.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 91.4g | Protein: 0.8g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 39.8mg | Potassium: 138.7mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 84.5g | Vitamin A: 46.6IU | Vitamin C: 36.6mg | Calcium: 32.4mg | Iron: 0.3mg